Xgl server

mcnichol at austin.ibm.com mcnichol at austin.ibm.com
Tue Dec 7 08:52:01 PST 2004

I think we need to be a bit careful about this assumption.

Yes I agree that high end workstations and gaming machines will probably have
1GB of graphics memory soon.  It will be longer before this moves down to
your average desktop system, and much much longer before we see that kind
of power in laptops and other mobile devices.

My not to old ThinkPad T30 (Radeon Mobility 7500) can only use something like
32mb for graphics memory.

Dan