More on Kdrive...

Damian Gatabria damian at gatabria.com.ar
Thu Dec 2 12:45:52 PST 2004

Sorry.
	I've already checked out the xserver sources,
and i'm attempting to build kdrive. This is what i'm doing...

$ ./autogen.sh --disable-shape --disable-xv --disable-composite
--disable-xres --disable-xrecord --disable-builtinrgb
--disable-screensaver --disable-xdmcp --disable-xdm-auth-1
--disable-tcp-transport --disable-ipv6 --without-randr

However it's asking me for a lot of other packages:

<...snip>
checking for xdmcp... Package xdmcp was not found in the pkg-config
search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `xdmcp.pc'
No package 'xdmcp' found
checking for x11 xext... Package x11 was not found in the pkg-config
search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `x11.pc'
No package 'x11' found
checking for randr render fixesext damageext xextensions xfont xproto
xtrans xau... Package randr was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `randr.pc'
No package 'randr' found

configure: error: Library requirements (randr render fixesext damageext
xextensions xfont xproto xtrans xau) not met; consider adjusting the
PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a
nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

So, do i need to pull any other things from cvs? I've tried
several variations of --disable-randr, --without-randr and
similar (following what `./configure --help` told me), with no success.

Any help is very appreciated.