Xfbdev starts with random colors

Hans-Juergen Tappe hjt at sysgo.com
Thu Dec 2 10:39:02 PST 2004

Hi!

I am currently running into the same problem as described by Carlos.
What might go wrong? Has there been a solution I haven't found yet
(except starting from another console which has no effect here)? Is my
question in the right place in this mailing list, now? :-)

Carlos Dri wrote:
> I've compiled the Kdrive package (4.2 disto) with framebuffer option,

> The package compiles fine, but every time I start Xfbdev, I get random
> colors. I mean, Xfbdev -query localhost, kill it with ctr+alt+backspace,
> start it again with Xfbdev -query localhost and get complety different
> colors......

Under 2.4.25, it (Xfbdev, X11R6.8.1 from x.org) already fails to display
the correct colors when started; under 2.6.9 it starts OK, but fails to
redisplay the correct colors after a screen blanking.

What might be a possible solution to this case? Is there a known issue
according the fbdev or fbdevhw driver?

Yours,
Hans-Juergen

--