[Xorg] Is kdrive development still on?

Vrihad Shoonya vrihad at softhome.net
Fri Aug 13 18:55:31 PDT 2004

I had sent a query to this list last weekend which is
attached below. But it seems it got lost in the flow:-)

I am getting missing font related error messages when
all font files are present and standard XFree86 works
fine.

Am I posting to the wrong list? If so, please provide
the info of correct list.

-vrihad

-----------last message-------------

I compiled and installed kdrive based Xserver following
the instructions given in the following document.

http://www.freedesktop.org/Software/XserverInstallGuide

Now when I try to run
/usr/kdrive/bin/Xfbdev :0 -fp /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc,
I get an error saying "Could not init font path element
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc, remoing from list!"
Then the program exits with an error message of failure to
find font 'fixed'. The server does not run without
-fp option either.

I have installed the kdrive in a non-standard location
/usr/kdrive. Also the fonts I am trying to use are from
XFree86 project. Is there any font package specific for
x.org project? Or is there a bug in latest CVS code of
kdrive based Xserver?

I am using gcc 3.2.3 on Linux 2.4.18.

Thanks in advance.
vrihad