[Xorg] Any patches for X.Org release?

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Wed Aug 11 08:53:15 PDT 2004

On Mer, 2004-08-11 at 13:53, Thomas Hellström wrote:
> When I did some cleaning up of the via drm code I noticed that the memory
> manager seems identical to the SiS one, so if there is a problem with
> that, then there is a problem with the via driver.

Yeah I know about one.

> Also the unichrome 2d driver allows XvMC dri clients to map (RW) the
> framebuffer and the whole register space, and I know that at certain video
> register write combinations will lock my machine hard. From my point of
> view, however,  this is a deficiency in the unichrome 2d driver rather
> than in the via drm driver.

DRI allows for locking the box. I can lock the radeon, I can lock the
matrox. Its supposed to not allow worse than that. The XvMC slice
registers for mpeg are all in one location - is that too close to other
registers to split up the map ? If not perhaps the slice load should be
in the DRI module ?