[Xorg] xserver: Interrupt pointer (seg f000 off 5490) doesn't point at ROM

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Aug 5 21:59:04 PDT 2004

Around 8 o'clock on Aug 5, Andreas Kohn wrote:

> I can't get xserver to run on my machine. Both Xvesa and Xpm2[*] report:

You'll want to try loading the vesa fb driver into your kernel and using
Xfbdev instead.  Sometimes the vm86 support code in the vesa module gets
confused by weird bioses.  Help in debugging these cases would be welcome
if you feel up to it, but I don't have any instances which fail available
to me.

-keith