[Xorg] Xevie addition to libXext

Jim Gettys Jim.Gettys at hp.com
Sun Aug 1 17:31:31 PDT 2004

The other problem is that packaging extensions into
a common library is that it means you can't deprecate/withdraw
that extension without breaking applications that use
unrelated extensions.

As history shows (PEX, XIE, to name a few) not all extensions
succeed, and having such unrelated interdependencies are bad
engineering.

And then versioning also becomes interdependent between
libraries, also potentiall causing havoc.

So I'd package them separately.
                        - Jim