[Xorg] Xevie addition to libXext

Stuart Kreitman Stuart.Kreitman at Sun.COM
Sun Aug 1 08:49:19 PDT 2004

Keith Packard wrote:

>Around 22 o'clock on Jul 31, Matthieu Herrb wrote:
>

>>>Added files:
>>>      xc/lib/Xext/:
>>>        Xevie.c
>>>

>>This addition requires a minor library revision number increment.

sure, prolly want to establish rule for this in architecture committee

>I think it's better to have separate libraries for each extension; can we
>do that in this case?  What do other people think?
>
>-keith

just a packaging issue. I was operating under the impression that Xext
was a general purpose place to put small extensions,
at least it has been for our Solaris work on lib and server side. We
should start a writeup on packaging extensions. Does something
like that already exist?

skk