state of testsuite - next question

Nicolas Hüppelshäuser nh at emlix.com
Mon Dec 19 00:56:50 PST 2011

On 12/15/2011 06:02 PM, Aaron Plattner wrote:
> On 12/15/2011 04:43 AM, "Nicolas Hüppelshäuser"<nh at emlix.com>" wrote:

>> I observe that often the tests Xlib3-XConnectionNumber and
>> Xlib3-XConnectionNumber_m seem to hang.  Either that, or these are quiet
>> time-consuming tests (>=5 minutes?).  Same on Xorg built for an arm
>> architecture as with Xvfb built for x64 linux host.
>
> This sounds like a bug in libxcb that Jamey Sharp,  Peter Hutterer, and I fixed last year:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xcb/libxcb/commit/?id=f0565e8f06aadf760a9065a97b8cf5ab9cbd18de

I found that the newest version tag on libxcb git repository is 1.7,
tagged in August 2010.  The patch you refer to was introduced in
September 2010.  Therefore there are no (Debian-)packaged libxcbs out
there featuring the development since then.  Both my x64 host and arm
target include the libxcb of version 1.7, 1.7-3 debian package version
respectively.

Maybe there is the need for a libxcb of version 1.8 then?

> Is your libxcb new enough to contain that commit?
>
>> Another issue I have is a reproducible crash of Xvfb due to
>> Xlib13-XAllowEvent, step 20.  I call Xvfb this way on the x64 linux host
>> system (ubuntu 11.10, xvfb package version 2:1.10.4-1ubuntu4.2):
>>
>> $ Xvfb -screen 0 640x480x24 -screen 1 640x480x8 -extension Composite -ac :1
>>
>> Can you confirm these observations?
>
> Works for me using an X server built from commit f7ea7a324520844beaac8be7503ac50e20da5ab1 on amd64.

Again we do not have the newest version running.
Debian package for Ubuntu 11.10 is 1.7.6.
So I think we are facing an old issue with the xserver here as well.

Thank you!
	Nicolas