splitting the server

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Fri May 12 05:33:02 PDT 2006

* Daniel Stone <daniel at freedesktop.org> wrote:

<snip>

> Already autotools takes up most of the build time

Yes, thats an huge problem with it. Each little change in the
buildfiles requires complete regeneration, which eats up very
much time. Really frustrating.

> (and no, I really don't care about your hypothetical build
> system until it's actually capable of building the whole tree, sorry),

Not hypothetical. Its existing and working.
Smaller (less complex) packages like the proto packages and smaller
libs are already building fine. And much, much faster.

cu