Mesa Needs these fixes!

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Thu Jan 12 22:06:06 PST 2006

Kevin Day wrote:
> I have had problems with mesa wanting to look for /usr/X11R6 when my
> Xorg-Modular build is in /usr/X11R7
> I am sending this patch here as the Mesa must still be built during the
> Xorg-build process.  Or should I find the Mesa project and try to send it to
> them?
>
> Anyway, look for any problems in it.

The patch is incomplete. Mesa still looks for its DRI drivers in
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri (see src/glx/x11/dri_glx.c). The workaround
for the /usr prefix (that doesn't really need any patching) is:

make linux-dri-x86 OPT_FLAGS="-O2 -pipe
-DDEFAULT_DRIVER_DIR=\\\"/usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri\\\""

--
Alexander E. Patrakov