DGA and X11R7

Andreas Eckstein andreas.eckstein at gmx.net
Tue Sep 27 17:09:32 PDT 2005

Hi all!
I've been trying to get DGA working with modular xorg for some time now,
but without success (hardware is i195, dga headers and libXxf86dga are
installed).
So here are my questions:
1) How do I configure xorg.conf to use DGA? Is 'Load "extmod"' still
sufficient?
2) Is the i810 driver's DGA support broken right now? Is DGA broken
globally at the moment?
3) I noticed that autotools use the symbol 'XFree86XDGA', but in the
code '#ifdef XFreeXDGA' is used. Is this a bug?
4) The function XFree86DGAExtensionInit is implemented neither in the
xserver sources, nor in libXxf86dga, yet it is used for dga extension
initialisation. Has it become obsolete, or has it been renamed, or has
it been left out inadvertedly?

Thanks in advance!

Andreas