6.9 build log including Xprt?

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Sat Sep 10 17:50:26 PDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 01:25 +1000, Drew Parsons wrote:
> I'm trying to help with the modularisation of Xprt.
>
> I've got a degree of success, building an Xprt binary, except when I run
> it, it seems to be behaving like a video servers (says "Fatal server
> error: no screens found" and exits).
>
> I presume I've got the wrong mix of -D defines.
>
> Would anyone happen to have successfully build Xprt from the 6.9
> monolithic source, that I could check and compare build conditions.
>
> I'm assuming the 6.9 build is sufficiently diverged from the
> xprint.mozdev.org setup that I've used up till now that I'm better off
> comparing my modularisation efforts directly against 6.9 rather than
> trying to match the build environment from the older code.

Hi Drew,
One thing I always found useful with the rest of the server codebase was
to take a look at the logs on buildd.debian.org to see exactly which
defines were being used to build various files, to check if I was
missing stuff.

If you're doing -DFOO across your whole tree, it's better to declare:
AC_CONFIG_HEADER(include/xprt-config.h)
AC_DEFINE(FOO, 1, [Bar baz quux])
in configure.ac, and have the following in include/xprt-config.h.in:
/* Bar baz quux */
#undef FOO

See include/xkb-config.h.in for an example, include/xorg-config.h.in,
etc, also.

Cheers,
Daniel