Modules created and initial files checked in

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon May 9 10:02:37 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 12:58 -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:

> We haven't broken source compatibility with X11R1 yet; I don't know that we
> should start.  I think moving forward we can solve this simultaneously with
> rolling out XCB, but I'm not convinced that attempting to sanitize the Xlib
> headers is a good idea.

I think we can clean this up without breaking source compatibility by
moving the protocol bits to new files and leaving all of the file with
random Xlib kruft to the Xlib binding module.

I'm certain we should move the X server internal pieces to separate
files and stick them in the X server module.

> MitScreenSaver would be better, on the off chance that someone wants to
> implement SGI-SCREEN-SAVER.

We can call it 'screensaver' as it's a defacto X.org standard.  if sgi
wants a separate screen saver library, they'll have to prefix it with
'sgi' in any case.

-keith