Modules created and initial files checked in

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Mon May 9 09:58:35 PDT 2005

On Monday 09 May 2005 12:19, Kevin E Martin wrote:
> On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 06:10:23PM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> This re-raises the issue that I raised in an earlier thread regarding
> library headers being intertwined with protocol headers.  Ideally the
> protocol and library interface headers would be separable, but right now
> they are not.  Making all headers separable (and moving the lib headers
> to the lib module) could cause problems for ISVs who include the proto
> header instead of the lib header.  I would like to see this fixed, but I
> don't know if this is the appropriate time.  What do others think?

We haven't broken source compatibility with X11R1 yet; I don't know that we
should start.  I think moving forward we can solve this simultaneously with
rolling out XCB, but I'm not convinced that attempting to sanitize the Xlib
headers is a good idea.

> > One comment: can we *please* not call the MIT-SCREEN-SAVER protocol
> > module, 'SS'?
>
> Sure.  What would you suggest as an alternative, ScrnSaver?

MitScreenSaver would be better, on the off chance that someone wants to
implement SGI-SCREEN-SAVER.

- ajax