Modules created and initial files checked in

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Sun May 8 01:10:23 PDT 2005

On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 09:49:58PM -0400, Kevin E Martin wrote:
> If you have any questions, suggestions or comments, please feel free to
> post them here.

Haven't really had time to look at all this before now, but I spent some
time on it on the weekend.

Firstly, how are we going to version the individual components?  I think
that we should continue as we've been doing, with, e.g. version 2.2.1
for libXv, 2.2 for the Xv proto, et al.  The alternative, of course,
being 6.9.99.1 (e.g.) for all the modules, but then you start bumping
the version number even where there haven't been any changes.

One comment: can we *please* not call the MIT-SCREEN-SAVER protocol
module, 'SS'?

Other than that, looks good, and I was banging at the server two weeks
ago and yesterday, and I've got a cleaned-up server core that links now.
Will post the symlink.sh modifications when I get time.

Cheers,
Daniel