data module [was Re: XKB configuration data and xkeyboard-config]

Kevin E Martin kem at freedesktop.org
Thu Jun 30 15:38:47 PDT 2005

After several discussions over the past few months, the consensus seems
to be that we need a module to hold data files.  We'll name it "data" as
that seems most appropriate/generic.  The idea is to separate data that
will be developed independently from the code that uses them or that are
used by multiple apps/libs.

The data currently proposed to be put into the module include:

 - pci.ids
 - rgb.txt
 - cursor images
 - XKB config data
 - bitmap images

Any others that should be added or ones that should be removed from the
list above?

I will create the data module shortly...

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 11:47:32PM +0100, Sergey Udaltsov wrote:
> - split existing xkb configuration data into separate module, without
> any other changes/fixes. This is the minimal reasonable solution - at
> least distromakers would be able to substitute it easily and naturally
> with xkeyboard-config.

After the creation of the data module, we can implement this solution.

Kevin