naming of DDXen.

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Tue Jun 14 20:41:00 PDT 2005

On Tuesday 14 June 2005 15:06, Adam Jackson wrote:
> This is valid.  I don't know that we really want to fork the entire driver
> just to switch AAs.  I'm of the opinion that any forked driver should be
> explicitly marked by having a new name from the xorg.conf perspective.
>
> In other words:
>
>   driver/xf86-input-mouse
>   driver/xf86-video-mga
>   driver/xf86-video-matrox
>
> Where the third component directly corresponds to the driver name in
> xorg.conf.  It's really not worth considering the kdrive drivers yet since
> there is no plan to make kdrive a loadable DDX.
>
> I plan on doing this tonight so I can set up symlink.sh for the video
> drivers too.

And done.  I skipped two directories under hw/xfree86/drivers/, v4l and i2c.
I've never actually seen v4l to work so I have no idea what it should be
classed as.  And i2c I don't know if it's worth our time to split out into 40
submodules, but probably not.

So, what do we think about the following options?

    xf86-v4l versus xf86-video-v4l
    xf86-i2c versus xf86-i2c-*

- ajax