Patch to fix some build errors/warnings

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Tue Jun 14 06:36:54 PDT 2005

Hi Stefan,
Some comments on a couple of fixes.

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 03:22:21PM +0200, Stefan Dirsch wrote:
> lib/X11/src/imTrans.c
> * imTrans.c:67: warning: implicit declaration of function '_XimXTransOpenCOTSClient'
> * imTrans.c:67: warning: nested extern declaration of '_XimXTransOpenCOTSClient'
> * imTrans.c:68: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast

These sorts of errors should be correct by ensuring the declaration gets
seen by all its users,  This should be fixable by defining TRANS_CLIENT?

[...]

> lib/ICE/src/accept.c
> * accept.c:54: warning: implicit declaration of function '_IceTransAccept'
> * accept.c:54: warning: nested extern declaration of '_IceTransAccept'
> * accept.c:54: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast

And this with TRANS_SERVER, off the top of my head.

[...]

> * XRes.c:17:33: error: X11/extensions/XRes.h: No such file or directory

This should be solved by putting AM_CFLAGS = -I$(top_srcdir)/include in
the relevant directory's Makefile.am, not by editing the configure.ac
(which will break srcdir != objdir builds anyway).

> Hopefully this patch or at least parts of this patch could be included
> in CVS for the future after discussing it. It's against X.Org / X.Org
> modular CVS of today.

Thanks very much for your patch!  I'm kind of preoccupied at the moment,
but I'll look into these tonight and merge the fixes later on.

Cheers,
Daniel