patches for proto, libs and apps on BSD systems

Tue Jul 26 02:49:31 EST 2005

Matthieu Herrb wrote:
> RCS file: proto/X11/x11.m4
> diff -N proto/X11/x11.m4
> --- /dev/null	1 Jan 1970 00:00:00 -0000
> +++ proto/X11/x11.m4	17 Jul 2005 21:02:39 -0000

We've talked before about needing a global autoconf m4 file for
things like this, but I don't remember if we decided it was better
in proto/X11 or util/modular.

Also, does anyone remember what else we wanted to include there?

Things I can think of:
  - SysV vs. BSD man page sections (i.e. sysadmin stuff in 1m vs. 8,
    etc.)
  - XVendor* settings for man pages and such
  - equivalent to UseXKBInClients Imake config option
  - a setting for the overall X11 release name

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com