How to use single modules? [was: libprinter.a .99 error ...?]

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Sat Jul 16 14:21:33 EST 2005

On Friday 15 July 2005 21:57, Drew Parsons wrote:
> Does this mean it is not currently possible to work with only one
> module (in my case, for building Xprt only), or have I misunderstand
> the situation?  Is splitting off the source modules into separate cvs
> units something that will come later? Would it make sense for the
> symlink script itself to be modularised to make this happen sooner?

It will be possible to grab a single module for building the Xprt server [1].
It will happen to be the same module that you grab to build any of the other
servers, because they are too tightly coupled to the main DIX code to split
out.  Obviously the system will have to have already installed the packages
that the Xprt server depends on, which now includes (iirc) Xfont, Xdmcp, Xau,
and Xlib.

Currently this is not possible, since the source has not been migrated over
yet and no packages have been created, and also because the Xprint DDX has
not been autotooled yet.

[1] - with the caveat that if you want GLX support in Xprt you will also have
to grab the Mesa module.

- ajax