Announce: xkeyboard-config 0.6

Sergey Udaltsov sergey.udaltsov at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 09:23:46 EST 2005

Hello people

After some period of substantial restructuring, the next release of
xkeyboard-config is out.

Major changes:
- most of layouts are now country-based. There are just few remaining
language-based and script-based ones - but our goal is to minimize
their number.
- more compatibility rules were added
- added a couple of new layouts
- many bugs were fixed (in freedesktop.org bugzilla)

I am taking the opportunity to thank several people for a help:
- Danilo Segan for restructuring Balkanian layouts
- people from http://www.livejournal.com/community/terra_linguarum
(runa_aruna, iad) who helped me a lot explaining the "fantastic"
situation with Indian languages and around them (the work is still in
progress)

This release is meant to be compatible with the latest modular xorg code.

So, the files can be downloaded from freedesktop.org:

http://xlibs.freedesktop.org/xkbdesc/xkeyboard-config-0.6.tar.bz2
http://xlibs.freedesktop.org/xkbdesc/xkeyboard-config-0.6.tar.gz

In CVS, the tag is v_0_6.

Bugreports are very welcome.