Development plan -- time to move forward

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Sat Apr 23 00:10:09 PDT 2005

On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 02:48:08AM -0400, Kevin E Martin wrote:
> It just adds meaningless lines to every souce file in the monolithic
> tree.  I agree that AM_CONFIG_HEADER is very useful for dependencies,
> but is it an absolute requirement for the initial release given the
> caveat that it will be added immediately following the initial release?

It makes CFLAGS very, very messy, and it's only another thing to go
wrong when we're doing two transitions; if you're worried about config.h
stuff, I've just dropped a 12,000 line patch in not three days ago ...

I think it's not too bad, since it will have no effect on the monolithic
tree, and a positive one on the modular tree.