Development plan -- time to move forward

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Fri Apr 22 17:55:03 PDT 2005

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Kevin E Martin wrote:

> http://wiki.x.org/wiki/ModularizationDevelPlan

I see from the symlink tree step 4, that code from xlibs won't be used.

But what about the configure.ac, Makefile.am, *.pc.in (pkg-config files),
and related that were already created for the various xlibs?

> http://wiki.x.org/wiki/ModuleComponentList

I see xc/lib/Xmu and xc/lib/Xmuu are separate. Should this be separate
builds and installs? When I did it for xlibs, Xmu would install libXmu and
mini libXmuu.

Also can you document on that webpage the definition for "Tarballs"? I
assume this means that this software is maintained elsewhere and so we
will simple make specific versions used by X.org of this third-party code
available.

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/