Modularization development notes [was Re: RFA sent to the ArchWG]

Kevin E Martin kem at freedesktop.org
Thu Apr 14 16:17:30 PDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 07:39:14AM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:

> > Should these continue to be duplicated in our CVS or just come from their
> > upstream sources?  (For fontconfig I suppose it's mostly a matter of which
> > directory on fd.o Keith wants to keep it in.)
>
> FreeType, in particular, should just return to upstream.  We don't
> maintain it, and shouldn't pretend to.

Yes.  I added that to the tarballs list (in xc/extras), but obviously
forgot to remove it from the lib module.

I will make the suggested changes to the module component list, and then
put it up on the wiki.  I'll send around another message when it's ready
for the next round of comments.

Thanks,
Kevin