Modularization development notes [was Re: RFA sent to the ArchWG]

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Apr 14 14:08:00 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 13:54 -0700, Alan Coopersmith wrote:

> >>  - xc/lib/fontconfig
> >>  - xc/lib/freetype2
>
> Should these continue to be duplicated in our CVS or just come from their
> upstream sources?  (For fontconfig I suppose it's mostly a matter of which
> directory on fd.o Keith wants to keep it in.)

These depend on whether 7.0 will include the content of /extras or not;
I'd rather not, but that would make 7.0 differ from 6.9.

Alternatively, we could include upstream tarballs on our server that
matched the versions included with 6.9 and even provide support for
building those as a part of the 7.0 system, but not include them in CVS
or our source packages.

-keith