Some thoughts on the modularization effort

Sun Apr 3 16:09:51 PDT 2005

Egbert Eich wrote:
> There are already some autotooled bits of the X.Org tree that use autotools.
> It may be interesting to see them built on non-Linux and non-BSD platforms
> and get some 'numbers' which would help us making decisions on the libtool
> issue.

I've not had time to look into it much, but have built software on
Solaris that uses libtools and it mostly seems to work for the simple
cases, though *.la files need to be deleted everywhere they show up or
things get really broken.   Since rm *.la is so easy, I've never taken
the time to look into what they are supposed to do and what's going wrong.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com