[Xorg-driver-geode] current status of Geode X.org driver

Martin-Éric Racine martin-eric.racine at iki.fi
Tue Oct 1 05:03:08 PDT 2013

Greetings,

As some of you might have noticed, there hasn't been any release of
the Geode X.org driver in nearly one year.

The truth is simply that, asides from one removal of obsolete
includes, there hasn't been any need to update our driver.

The only changes currently pending involve a possible upgrade of the
libtool macros to include the m4 directory.

Other desirable changes (volunteers are welcome) would be a cleanup of
the most recent compiler warnings that have appeared whenever building
the driver using recent GCC versions.

Upgrading the GX2 component to match LX features (mostly to restore
proper EXA implementation) would be nice too, except that nobody has
volunteered to perform this.

Other than that, I simply cannot think of anything else.

Given this, unless someone has additional patches to submit, I will be
producing a simple bugfix release sometimes during October. I'm still
undecided as to whether I'll call this 2.11.14.1 or 2.11.15, since it
doesn't seem like drivers require any particular change to support X
server 1.15 features.

Feedback and patches are welcome.

Best Regards,
Martin-Éric