[Xorg-driver-geode] building xf86-video-geode on non-Linux platforms?

Martin-Éric Racine martin-eric.racine at iki.fi
Sun Jan 1 15:04:48 PST 2012

Greetings,

Starting with release 2.11.13, the autoconf implementation of
xf86-video-geode allows more flexibility on which platforms it can
succesfully build for, by skipping the ZTV module on platforms that
don't support V4L2. To my delight, GNU/Hurd seems to be such a
platform. As reported earlier by Arrigo Marchiori, this is also the
case on at least some BSD variants. In both cases, the video output
module succesfully builds, while ZTV is skipped.

However, there are apparently BSD variants that claim support for
"linux/videodevice2.h" but lack other Linux includes, which results in
a failed build:

https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=xserver-xorg-video-geode

Would anyone have any suggestion on how to solve this?

Btw, I'd welcome reports about which new platforms 2.11.13 can
succesfully build on. So far, we seem to have: Linux (geode & ztv),
Hurd (geode).

Best Regards,
Martin-Éric