[Xorg-driver-geode] FreeBSD patch for xf86-video-geode 2.11.12

Arrigo Marchiori ardovm at yahoo.it
Tue Nov 15 06:06:45 PST 2011

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 03:07:33PM -0500, Gaetan Nadon wrote:

> Could you compile the patch "Replace LFS transitional extension API
> lseek64 and off64_t"
> I just sent to the geode list. This is how things are done in X.Org
> which I believe runs on FreeBSD.

I downloaded the latest sources from Git and applied your patch.  The
compilation was successful, except for the z4l part.

> Can you report on the value of _FILE_OFFSET_BITS in the generated
> config.h?

The macro _FILE_OFFSET_BITS is _not_ defined in the file config.h. I
am attaching that file to this message. You can only find a
commented-out #undef.

> It's not clear (at least to me) if geode *needs* large file support on
> 32 bit or if FreeBSD has decided not to provide such support on 32
> bit.

In FreeBSD, the header <sys/types.h> includes <sys/_types.h> that
defines:

> typedef __int64_t       __off_t;        /* file offset */

I suppose that FreeBSD only supports 64-bit file offsets, under both
32-bit and 64-bit architectures.

Thank you for your patch!

Best regards,
--