[Xorg-driver-geode] FreeBSD patch for xf86-video-geode 2.11.12

Arrigo Marchiori ardovm at yahoo.it
Mon Nov 14 06:47:13 PST 2011

Hello everybody,

first of all, I would like to thank Martin-Éric and all of you for
your sudden (and welcome! :-) interest towards FreeBSD.

I am sorry to tell you that I don't know what an MSR is; I just needed
a working driver for Xorg; I made those small corrections to the
source and this made it Just Work™. For this reason, I am stuck with
version 2.11.10, that seems to work fine for my needs.

It will take me some time to test version 2.11.12; but I can do it if
you think it may help you with the development.

FWIW, I have checked the initial patch from Martin-Éric; I just had to
remove some hash '#' signs and it gave me a compilable driver on
FreeBSD 8-STABLE. I didn't run it on an actual Geode, though.

Just a quick answer to Gaetan's doubt about FreeBSD being 32- or
64-bits. Both versions exist; I am using the 32-bit version, both for
the development system and for the embedded target. The second choice
is forced, as Mart pointed out.

Please tell me if there is anything else I can do to help you. In the
meantime, I am downloading the sources using git (and it is taking
forever!)

Best regards,
--
rigo