[Xorg-driver-geode] Plans for next releases

Christian Gmeiner christian.gmeiner at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 02:25:17 PDT 2011

Hi

> Geode hardware has limit 2d hw accel capability. When you meet low speed hw accel issue, you should look into code to see which operation will consume more time, then improve that.

What is the best way to profile the driver. I have seen there is a
GEODE_TRACE_FALL.

> For the KMS, few weeks ago, when I developed ATI code, I found it is a huge project, graphics asic initialization and modeset will be done here. And 2D hw accel will be done here. It will need some guys who is familiar with KMS and DDX driver structure to do it. Unfortunately, right now I am still be occupied in ATI driver. If there are some questions about how to split the KMS fro current UMS driver, I am happy to give advice.

I would love to have KMS geode driver, but I have no experience with
KMS and DDX. I have only looked at the porting of the GLINT
driver to KMS -
http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code-2010-xorg/downloads/detail?name=Matt_Turner.tar.gz
If there will be a public git branch etc I will do testing and maybe I
can bring in some patches.

Thanks
--
Christian Gmeiner, MSc