[Xorg-driver-geode] Plans for next releases

Huang, FrankR FrankR.Huang at amd.com
Fri Apr 1 18:26:31 PDT 2011

Geode hardware has limit 2d hw accel capability. When you meet low speed hw accel issue, you should look into code to see which operation will consume more time, then improve that.
For the KMS, few weeks ago, when I developed ATI code, I found it is a huge project, graphics asic initialization and modeset will be done here. And 2D hw accel will be done here. It will need some guys who is familiar with KMS and DDX driver structure to do it. Unfortunately, right now I am still be occupied in ATI driver. If there are some questions about how to split the KMS fro current UMS driver, I am happy to give advice.

Thanks,
Frank