[Xorg-driver-geode] Rendering in geode

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Wed Jun 23 01:23:28 PDT 2010

On Mit, 2010-06-23 at 15:54 +0800, Huang, FrankR wrote:

> I found that right now the bug is in 1x1 source picture with repeat
> parameter. From my debug, there are two main condition for PictOpOver:
> 1)source: 1x1 repeatable(RGB565), mask region(A8), dest region(RGB565)
> 2)source: 1x1 repeatable(ARGB), mask region(A8), dest region(RGB565)
> For condition 1), I firstly convert the source to ARGB, then it is the
> same as condition 2). I use the HW registers gracefully handle this.
> But the side effect is that firefox has some characters missing. See
> link:
> https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=36432

As the same characters show the same corruption in different places, the
EXA glyph cache pixmap is probably getting corrupted.
exaGlyphCacheUploadGlyph() uses the UploadToScreen hook if applicable or
otherwise a PictOpSrc Composite operation for uploading glyphs to the
cache pixmap, you may want to check that the driver handles this
properly.