[Xorg-driver-geode] Rendering in geode

Huang, FrankR FrankR.Huang at amd.com
Wed Jun 23 00:54:24 PDT 2010

Jonathan,

	Yes. Our driver can support the transform, but not CA.
	And I have given the experiment on the handling of coordinates outside a source image. The result is as you described. With repeat parameter of the source image, the region will be rendered; while with no repeat, the region will be no-op for PictOpOver and be all-zero for PictOpSrc. I can do this add-on to driver, it is not difficult. But right now, the bug I met is not due to this.
	Yes. With mask, it is the same as above.
	I found that right now the bug is in 1x1 source picture with repeat parameter. From my debug, there are two main condition for PictOpOver:
	1)source: 1x1 repeatable(RGB565), mask region(A8), dest region(RGB565)
	2)source: 1x1 repeatable(ARGB), mask region(A8), dest region(RGB565)
	For condition 1), I firstly convert the source to ARGB, then it is the same as condition 2). I use the HW registers gracefully handle this. But the side effect is that firefox has some characters missing. See link:
	https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=36432
	Just as you said, the text rendering is related to this. But right now, I want to know how could I find the root cause for this.

Thanks,
Frank