[Xorg-driver-geode] Update -- The RandR-"unable to setrotation"issue in AMD Geode LX platform

Cui, Hunk Hunk.Cui at amd.com
Sun Jun 20 22:15:56 PDT 2010

Hi, Mitch,
	Please see below,

>Two other points I've noticed:  One is that after the rotation, there
are some colourful random pixels on the edge of the screen.  Once they
were on the physical bottom (logical top) of the screen, and another
time they were on the physical right (logical left) of the screen.  In
the latter case, I tried dragging a window over them, but it seems the
random pixels are 1 pixel outside the normal graphics drawing area.

[Cui, Hunk] Can you provide some screenshots and let me know your description (more embody)?

>In addition, if I try to use Ctrl-Alt-Fn to switch back to a text
screen, the screen goes black (no signal).  I can still type (blind)
on that console, and I can switch back to X with no problems, but the
text consoles have no image.  This is using the kernel's vesafb for
the console.  This problem might not be to do with rotation, it might
be something I'm doing wrong, so I will look at this some more.

[Cui, Hunk] I will try to reproduce this phenomenon in my platform. Thank you for your reminder.

Thanks,
Hunk Cui