[Xorg-driver-geode] proposal: always build with -march=geode

Gaetan Nadon memsize at videotron.ca
Tue Jul 13 12:48:12 PDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 20:47 +0300, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:

> 1) to transform the current check for 64-bit CPU to make it add -m32
> to CFLAGS if the build host is a 64-bit.

I had tried this compiler option a while ago:

        /usr/include/gnu/stubs.h:7:27: error: gnu/stubs-32.h: No such file or directory

This is just as mysterious as the durango.c assembler error I normally
get. This can be mitigated with AC_CHECK_HEADERS and config.h. A user
could also install the the 32 bit development libraries (libc6-dev-i386
on Debian).

There is yet another potential issue. The drivers are part of the server
which has been compiled in 64 bit. In xorg-server.h:

        /* Define to 1 if unsigned long is 64 bits. */
        #define _XSERVER64 1

This value influences the number of bytes on the wire for client/server
communication. Each compilation unit must include xorg-server.h. By
using -m32, long will be 32 bits but server code will assume otherwise.
I can't really predict one way or the other, it's something I ran into.

Gaetan