[Xorg-driver-geode] last call for testing: X.org Geode 2.11.9 release candidate

Martin-Éric Racine q-funk at iki.fi
Thu Aug 19 07:19:20 PDT 2010

2010/8/14 Martin-Éric Racine <q-funk at iki.fi>:
> As recently announced, we now have a release candidate for the X.org Geode 2.11.9 video driver.

Since last weekend, fixes for various rendering corner-cases affecting
specific desktop environments have been committed in GIT. At this
point, it seems that only one minor rendering issue affecting the KDE
logout remains.

Sadly, rotation is still not fixed. While we can correctly rotate the
display, returning to non-rotated view does not restore icons present
in the video content to their previous position. Investigations
pertaining to this are still ongoing.

Despite the above remaining issues, I have come to the conclusion that
we shall release what we have in GIT as Geode 2.11.9 by tomorrow
morning. If you disagree with this release strategy, please explain
why accompanied with solutions for fixing the issues that you feel are
a prerequisite for this release to take place.

Best Regards,
Martin-Éric