[Xorg-driver-geode] last call for testing: X.org Geode2.11.9 release candidate

Mart Raudsepp leio at gentoo.org
Mon Aug 16 03:58:37 PDT 2010

On E, 2010-08-16 at 18:28 +0800, Cui, Hunk wrote:
> Hi, Martin,
> 	Through some simple test, I found the root cause focus on the
> Xerver/dix/Pixmap.c -> FreeScratchPixmapHeader function -> Line
> "pScreen->pScratchPixmap = pPixmap;" when I commented out this line,
> also it seemed OK. So I think this issue doesn't associate with
> rotation patch, this is a new topic.

This associates with the patch just fine.
pScreen has a cache of one scratch pixmap, GetScratchPixmapHeader reuses
it, if it is set - by setting its headers with those given to
GetScratchPixmapHeader with a call to ModifyPixmapHeader. Then later a
FreeScratchPixmapHeader call simply puts that pixmap back into that one
item cache, if one isn't there yet, instead of destroying it. That's
all. This caching is supposed to be transparent to the API user.

ScratchPixmapHeader itself seems to be pretty much a wrapper pixmap,
with which you can give pixmaps to places that need one, but when you
have the actual pixmap image content somewhere else - so you just wrap
it with the pixmap headers, which contain the width, height, pitch and
that sort of things.

> 	My suggestion: rotation patch should be restored,

It hasn't been reverted, it's still there right now...

> it can release new version driver 2.11.9. At the same time, I will
> find the root reason, any new progress, I will sent to the mailing
> list and inform to you.

Meanwhile rotation is completely broken when user rotates and then
rotates back to normal. I'll take a look in the evening, and if can't
figure it out, we can do a workaround that just doesn't destroy the
shadow buffer once it has been created until the root reason is found.

Regards,
Mart Raudsepp