[Xorg-driver-geode] upcoming xf86-video-geode 2.11.8

Huang, FrankR FrankR.Huang at amd.com
Wed Apr 14 18:40:36 PDT 2010

Thanks for great work of Mart Raudsepp and  Michael Dänzer to this long long ago bug's fix. Appreciate you guys spend spare time on the geode driver. This is a urgent issue to fix for all the geode users. With this bug fixed, many geode users can come back to the lastest X server and related tech using Geode platform. That mostly encouraged our AMD guys to go on solving other bugs in Geode. I am still following the Mart's thought to solve this bug and catch up with you guys. With the time going on, we will take over every bug for us to fix. Just as Martin éric's suggestion, we should dig more into the driver for the rendering issue before we release 2.11.8 version driver finally. From the community and our work, the next version geode driver can support better on render issue.
From the information as I as know, the EXA part of X server still has this bug in the lastest version, is there any people to take a look at that? Anyway, the geoder driver's patch can avoid this big issue now.
And Martin, can you provide me with the links for the Gecko-based brower rendering bug report place? After I follow the Mart's work, I can give more time on that render issue.
Thanks again for your self-giving work!!

Thanks,
Frank