[Xorg-driver-geode] upcoming xf86-video-geode 2.11.8

Martin-Éric Racine q-funk at iki.fi
Wed Apr 14 07:53:07 PDT 2010

As many people who recently upgraded their Linux distribution to
something with X server 1.7 have undoubtedly noticed, EXA Compositing
recently broke, which affected rendering of e.g. GTK2+ icons, on the
Geode platform. Thanks to the investigative work of Michael Dänzer and
Mart Raudsepp, this issue is now fixed in our upstream GIT repository.

However, other rendering issues remain e.g. whenever using a
Gecko-based browser on a Geode platform. These are still being
investigated.

We expect to publish an xf86-video-geode 2.11.8 during the new few
days. Before we do, we would like to leave a few days for interested
parties to submit to this mailing list any patch they have to solve
outstanding issues, with a clear goal to solve as many issues as
possible on time for this release.

Looking forward to everyone's contributions to the xf86-video-geode driver.

Best Regards,
Martin-Éric