[Xorg-driver-geode] Identifying custom TFT panels on Geode LX

Luke McKee hojuruku at gmail.com
Fri May 15 21:38:56 PDT 2009

Hello All,

I have been struggling for a long while to get the display working on
my Kohjinsha E9 Notebook. It's a Geode LX 500Mhz with a 1024x600 TFT
panel. It works in Windows XP.

I have not been able to get the device to work in Linux and I have
scowered the internet for a mode line that will work. I have tried to
use PanelMode option as well, but it appears I need the right specs
for my LCD panel before I proceed.

My question at this time is this, How do I identify my panel? With no
Refersh rate or HorizSync in xorg.conf the system is not identifying
the modes that are supported. I've tried various versions for other
1024x600 display's I've found on the internet and had no joy.

On a Geode how do you do a obtain the EDID data for the TFT Panel?

I will provide any other data on request.

Your support will be appreciated.

Luke