[Xorg-driver-geode] GX1 support in xf86-video-geode

Martin-Éric Racine q-funk at iki.fi
Fri May 15 04:50:03 PDT 2009

Howdy!

Referring to our roadmap [1], I was wondering if anyone had ever
gotten around back GX1 support into -geode? The current situation is
that neither -cyrix or -nsc build against recent X servers, plus we
already had PCI ID overlaps between -nsc and -geode, which completely
leaves users in the dust. Seeing how many users are elementary schools
trying to deploy thin clients based on older Geode hardware, they
clearly lack the skills to produce the code themselves.

Martin-Éric

[1] http://wiki.x.org/wiki/AMDGeodeDriver