[Xorg-driver-geode] Support dri2?

Mart Raudsepp mart.raudsepp at artecdesign.ee
Tue Mar 3 14:28:16 PST 2009

On T, 2009-03-03 at 15:59 +0100, alpha_one_x86 wrote:
> I need this optimisation because I want use KDE4 on my geode LX. Not
> with desktop effect, just with 2D acceleration.

You appear to have forgotten to e-mail the list. I'm including the list
again.

For 2D acceleration to work better, the EXA implementation in the
driver, and also in the xorg-server needs more work, not really any DRI
work.
For that proper profiling and identifying of the slowing down operations
is necessary and then solving these concrete real world issues.

Some details on that are for example available at
http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-December/021920.html
http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-December/022034.html

Regars,
Mart Raudsepp