[Xorg-driver-geode] problems with 1360x768

Christian Goebel christian.goebel at cte.lu
Thu Feb 19 09:46:13 PST 2009

Subject: Re: [Xorg-driver-geode] problems with 1360x768
Date: Thursday 19 February 2009
From: "Constantin Zankl (Constantin.Zankl)" <Constantin.Zankl at stud.fh-
erfurt.de>
To: christian.goebel at cte.lu

Hi Christian,

ich hatte eigentlich eine Mail an die Mailingliste geschrieben nur bin ich
unter dem Namen noch kein Member deswegen hängt meine Mail noch in der
approval-Liste von Listenadministrator. Ich kann es Dir aber noch mal pasten.

<snip>

Hi,

I have the same problem like Christian. I have a Samsung LE-26A456C2D here.
DDC/EDID says that is has the same modeline (seams to be an VESA standard,
same refresh rates,  same polarity) but the display stays black and the OSD
just says „Wrong resolution selected“.

During some testings I found something that could be interesting. First you
have to know that Im running MythTV on my geode. If you change your resolution
MythTV scales the GUI to fit to the new resolution. Before it does it, it
mentions the new resolution in the stdout.

And the output says, that:
“2009-02-17 22:09:11.463 Using screen 0, 1360x768 at 0,0“

First I thought that means the display and screen but there is a comma. So
this seams to be the refresh rate. I checked this, in other resolutions the
refreshrate is written here.

When I connect a CRT monitor (by just switching the cable, so that there is no
rerecognition by the xserver via DDC) it just displays a Picture a bit
distorted. Anyway the OSD-info tells me that the Display is at 47.5 instead of
47.7 kHz and the pixel clock is at 57 Hz instead of 60.
The refresh rates slidly differ. I think this is the reason why the LCD TV says
„Wrong resolution“

Is there maybe something wrong with the refresh rate calculation in the
driver? I know that there are different formulas for resolutions that are not a
multiple of 8 (1366x768 for example witch is the native resolution of the
Panel).

Or am I on the wrong track?

Best regards,
Constantin Zankl

</snip>

Ich denke mal wir sollten diese Vermutung an dem Bugreport hängen aber ich bin
mir nicht sicher ob ich da richtig liege. Deswegen hätte ich es gern gesehn
das einer von den Entwicklern mal drüber guckt. Der Listenadministrator ist
aber Jordan und der hat seine @amd.com Adresse angegeben, da arbeitet er aber
nicht mehr, kann mich also nicht mehr approven ...

Also fühl Dich frei diese Sachverhalt mal der Liste zu schildern...

Gruß
Constantin Zankl

Hi,
Constantin has also problemes with the geode chipset @ 1360x768. His screen
stays black, my screens doesn't show the full image (as you can see here
http://sigma.cte.lu/~goebelch/PICT0062.JPG ) but the screen doesn't recognize
the resolution nor the frequencies because the OSD doesn't show it...

Regards,

Chris