[Xorg-driver-geode] OLPC and "modprobe msr".

Martin-Éric Racine q-funk at iki.fi
Sun Feb 15 19:40:13 PST 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 1:01 AM, Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org> wrote:
> With the latest driver, we get a screenful of snow on launch on OLPC
> unless we have the MSR kernel module loaded.  This is fine for OLPC's
> custom builds, but obviously not fine for upstream distros.

Having the 'msr' module is not always desirable on standard distros,
although since so many Geode drivers depend upon or have added
features if it's loaded then we might indeed consider some udev rule
to load it whenever a GX2 or LX is found.

It would also be desirable to test any change on non-OLPC platforms
e.g. DBE61, ION603, etc. before packaging any code that gets committed
to GIT as a release.

Cheers!
Martin-Éric