[Xorg-driver-geode] Custom Panel Timings and EDID status on LVDS port in Geode driver

Luke McKee hojuruku at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 09:16:43 PDT 2009

For the benefit of the web digest readers here is the second half of
my last email again. I think I hit a bug in GNU mailman when you have
two different character sets in a plain text email, it split it into
various separate emails on the web archive.

This is a follow up on:
[1] http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-driver-geode/2009-May/000515.html
[2] http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-driver-geode/2009-August/000552.html

Message to Kohjinsha support:

I need the model, or specifications for the LCD panel. At least tell
me what the refresh rate is configured to be.

The Linux drivers on your website are totally useless without this
data, so you shouldn't bother putting it there without without the
settings  (xorg.conf) to properly configure the driver.