[Xorg-driver-geode] display mode with 800x480 on geode-2.11.1

wan michael michalwan at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 18:01:59 PDT 2009

is it possible to be standard modeline like 800X600 through adding 800x480
into geode driver, not just the custom modeline in the xorg.conf ?

another question, like 7" LCD display, they are commonly used in the
embedded device, like MID or handheld device, the most resolution is
800x480. not like common PC, which can provide much more higher resolution
than 7" LCD display, such as 1024X768, and so on. So, when used for PC, it
always selects the best resolution,  and it can not do that for the embedded
device, for the reason of 7" LCD display supporting the most high resolution
is 800X480, if both of them can not match well, the display will not be
normal. so is there one way to automatically match them, adapting to
800X480, not the higher?