[Xorg-driver-geode] looking at wide mode support for GeodeLX

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Thu Jan 31 20:30:23 PST 2008

On 31/01/08 23:12 -0500, Bart Trojanowski wrote:
> * Jordan Crouse <jordan.crouse at amd.com> [080131 23:04]:
> > On 31/01/08 22:18 -0500, Bart Trojanowski wrote:
> > > are new modelines reported in the log, they don't actually work.  Using
> > > Alt+- to toggle through the list, I only get upto 1280x1024 at 60.
> >
> > THats not good, we should be able to support up to 1900x1440, though not
> > at every refresh rate.     ARe you sure the monitor is reporting higher
> > modes then 1280x1440 at 60?
>
> The monitor should be capable of 1920x1200.  I dumped the contents of
> ScrnInfoPtr->monitor as passed to the xf86ValidateModes() function...

Okay - which modes were excluded by X and what were their modelines?  Did
they fall into the specified clock timings in the datasheet (especially
the dot clock)?  Do you get an error message in the X log when you try
to switch to one of these modes?

Also, what happens if you ignore DDC and specify 1600x1200 directly as
a mode?

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse