[Xorg-driver-geode] source of -AMD freeze narrowed down to two items

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Thu Jan 3 16:44:40 PST 2008

On 03/01/08 15:20 +0200, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Julien Cristau thus hinted that tracing xf86emu and finding out what
> makes it fail on General Software might be a more productive approach
> than trying to to nit pick our -AMD driver code. He suggests that
> x86emu simply managed to expose bugs in GSW that make it crash rather
> than recover gracefully.

Since we're now pretty sure that the AMD driver isn't doing anything
silly, I have committed two patches to fix the segfault issue for both
GX and LX.  For everybody that isn't using GSW, you should be able to
use -configure without fear now.

I also have a patch to add a "NoDDC" option for those with GSW that
want to get back to working, but I want to test it first.

Maintainers - please test and spin new packages as soon as you can.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse
Systems Software Development Engineer